Monday, July 28, 2014

Winding Down On The Front Suspension.

    I finished removing the undercoating from the bumper brackets and shot them both with Rust Reformer. I may paint them glossy tomorrow if  I get bored. They would be fine as is.






    Once those where done I wire wheeled the back side of the bumper to remove the loose rust and shot it with reformer. I do not plan on keeping the old bumpers on the car but I hate rust and they will be used until I can budget new ones.



    That just about does it for the parts and areas for the suspension rebuild. now it is just a waiting game until the idler arm comes in. I did receive this with my last order ......

New turn signal switch!


    I installed it today, but I need to take it back off and make sure I am getting a ground to the column so that the internal indicator lights will work. I will not start hooking up wires until I get the car back on all fours. I do not want to be fooling around it too much while it is up on jack stands.
    I also received a bag of clips that hold the door handles and window cranks on. Someone installed  thin copper(?)  clips in a couple of them but they where not working. Now they are all secure.

    I had just enough time to clean up the garage and hose down and mop the floor. Oh, and I washed the car. I could not stands all of the dust on it from grinding on the parts.



No comments:

Post a Comment