Sunday, July 20, 2014

Dang It, It's Flat!

    I let the primer sit all night, then went out this morning and shot those parts with what I thought was semi-gloss .... wrong. I got satin by mistake. Although it doesn't look bad I think I am going to re shoot it in semi-gloss.





    One cool thing about this flat is it dries fast. I set this stuff aside ...


     And did some more parts clean up ....




I also pulled the lower A arms out of the vinegar soak ... can you see the difference? I will wire wheel this tomorrow.







    I pulled the front bumper off so I could get to the frame better for clean up. I will clean up the brackets and paint those as well. Sometime down the road I want to get the one piece aftermarket bumpers.




    Scraped the frame areas in the wheel well and then soaked it down in WD-40 to loosen up the remainder.


Passenger side- the tabs you see are the motor mount

Driver side


 

 As far as the wheel wells etc, the plan is to knock of any loose pieces of the undercoating, clean and degrease. Then brush and paint any rusted areas and apply new undercoating over the old.



No comments:

Post a Comment