Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Transmission Cooler

     I got the transmission cooler installed. I had several places in mind to mount it but none had the room needed :( I ended up putting it on the inner fender wall, right in front of the air vent that would normally route air to the inside but the tubes are missing from the car. Once I got it all together I had a huge leak. I had noticed fluid on one of the fittings on the trans but I had hope it was just not tight enough. Not the case. The fitting had been stripped at some point so I made a trip to the parts store and picked up a new one. It's good to go now.
    Fits just under the battery tray....




    Two trans cooler lines go to hard line and from there about a foot to the trans. I ran the car for about 15 minutes and I did not see any leaks. I also noted it took the car a while to start registering a temperature on the gauge. I will need to install the thermostat at some point. I already have it but I want to replace the hoses at the same time and I do not have those yet.



   I started welding on the hood support brace today as well. I do not have pictures yet. I should have some for tomorrows progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment