Thursday, February 5, 2015

An Unexpected Fix.

    OK, so I cleaned up the speedometer cable today.

    I am not sure if I blogged about the speedometer previously or not. When I first got the car it was unhooked so I hooked it up. The needle would act very sporadic. It would float all over the place as well as make a horrendous scrapping noise. I unhooked it.

    So once I got it cleaned up and lubed with silicone spray and assembled, I put it back on the trans. I figured while I had it off I may as well open the access panel, remove the speedometer and go through it as well. I wish I would have taken pictures. I just wanted to get it done. So I took it completely apart and cleaned every piece then reassembled it and lubed it, again with silicone spray. Took it around the block and was surprised it had none of the previous gremlins! Sometimes luck falls my way! I could not be happier. I used a GPS APP to compare my speed and it looked to be accurate! Even better!!

    Here is a video I took of it after.... Boring for the most part.


You can really hear that noise I was talking about at the end of the video. I am now leaning towards the starter. I'll let ya know!

Here  are a few pictures  I just went out and got...





And this picture is for a question I have going on on a Chevy forum.... I am sure I will be blogging about this as well in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment