Monday, February 23, 2015

Polish and Hood Support

    I finished polishing the valve covers. They came out pretty good. Definitely much better than what I started with. I did not post here right away since I loaded up facebook with the pictures and most who watch this, see that. Here are the pics ...





Note in the picture above the fuel line and throttle spring are all over the place. I cleaned them up a bit ....




    Today I decided to go ahead and section the hood support so I can put it back on and be able to close the hood with the radiator in it's new position. I could have just notched it and been done with it but I wan a finished look. Here is the start. I also wire wheeled it to remove the rust and old paint.

BEFORE
     After...








    Basically I am just moving the outer edge back about 2 inches. That should allow the hood to close and miss the radiator as well as keep the support needed for the hood. This will also leave all the original mounting locations in tack.

No comments:

Post a Comment