Friday, February 6, 2015

Some Starter Stuff

   Since I received the car, It would hard start once it had run awhile. After research I found heat soak to be an issue at times. Also the standard ... good battery, good clean ground connections, proper cable size etc.

   I have not isolated my problem yet. I started out by removing all of the ground cables and cleaning all of the connections. Then I removed the starter and cleaned where the starter body makes contact with the block as well as all of the terminals. I also have a loose bushing I am trying to determine if it is normal or not. So far things are pointing towards not normal. At any rate once I cleaned it all up and took some video of the bushing I put it back together and ran it around the block. When I got back I let it sit and run while i washed it. It started back up just fine.


Here is a video of the loose part and a couple pics...




Where bushing is located.




After sitting while I washed it. If it were summer it would probably overheat... another project.

All clean and ready for wax!

Dig those flames.


No comments:

Post a Comment