Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Test Drive One, A Speedo & Laying Frame

Wait. Whaaat?

     OK, I drove the car yesterday and it seems much stiffer. Rides nice. I still will need to go further than the neighborhood and with a load to really see if it is improved. Mostly I wanted to make sure nothing was gonna bind up or fall off. I did get some pics... got a few flurries while I was out! Very rare for GA! You can't see it in the pics but it was happening for a second or two! LOL






    Speedo??! ... I removed the speedometer cable today to clean it up and lube it. I still have not found that dang parking pawl clicking noise. I have it soaking in vinegar overnight to clean it up. Tomorrow I will rinse and lube it. I want to drive the car without it before putting it back just to see if the noise goes away. I may even remove the gear from the trans as well.

Note the crappy brake line Hmmmm


  Laying frame? No Laying under frame is more like it!  While I had the car back in the air I decided to scrape some of the loose undercoating and dirt from part of the frame. Nothing too major to stir up a bunch of dust in the garage. I just used a putty knife to knock off the loose. I do see some rust under there I will want to repair with new metal on a rainy day.



Another 5 pounds of weight shaved off.




Rust... easy fix.


Still some good original paint!

I spy some wires that will need attention.

Moister is from filling the master cylinder yesterday while bleeding the brakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment