Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 6: Drilling Holes!

    Ok, I was not looking forward to day 6! I knew I had 16 holes to drill and I knew it would not be easy.
Picture laying on cold concrete trying  to put pressure on a drill to go through hardened steel! Not fun at all.

    I got a little excited and burned out the drill bit I had so I had to go buy another. I picked up a really good bit for hardened steel and a few others just in case.

    Drilled out the 16 holes to mount the hangers and that's about it. It took some time and elbow grease but I got it. Tomorrow I hope to re mount the springs and work on the pinion angle.

Had to turn the front bolts opposite because a body mount was in the way!


     I had to unbolt and drop the rear shackles to get to the bolts so I could remount just the shackles. I could not get to the inner shackle bolts wit the spring mounted up.




         Some of the best investments you can make! One battery charge took out all 16 holes!



        Save your drill bits and get some of this! A shot of lube will keep your drill bit from getting hot and going dull!





     I hope to remount everything tomorrow and try and set the pinion angle. After that, ... clean up the rear and paint the axle. I will still need to find a professional welder for the spring perches. I could do it but I fear it would be a mess LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment