Monday, April 6, 2015

Divider Bar Detail

    I had to take the divider bar back apart because I did not put the stainless trim on before the rubber seal. I decided to do a "blowout" drawing to help others see how it goes together. It is very easy to take apart and reassemble.

    If you are taking apart a factory bar that has the rivets, you will have to drill those out to remove the felt channel. Once the channel is out it will expose the tabs holding the rubber vent glass seal to the bar. Just use a flat screw driver to bend them up and lift the seal off. The inner and outer trim pieces just slide off..

    When putting it back together be sure and put the outer trim on first wit he large flat tabs on the side the rubber seal will go. The seal will install on top of the tabs. You will also need to install the rubber seal before the felt channel so you can access the tabs to bend them down. Be sure and apply pressure directly under each tab while bending to get a good tight fit. Once that is on it really doesn't matter about the inner trim although it would be easiest if it was put on and the felt channel last..

    The place I ordered my channels from sends one long channel (per side). The original set up has two short pieces on the bar. One upper and one lower. I did not see any reason to cut the new piece. I just glued it in as is. It sticks a little ways past the end of the bar but I do not see that it will interfere with anything in the door.

    I think the original channel went up past the top of the bar even with the mounting tab and then was notched for screw access. I am not sure yet if I will do the same of just leave it low. It may need to stick up for support. I will know wen I get that far. A couple cuts with tin snips would be easy enough even after gluing it in.

                                                                                            Click the "V" top right to view ...




Blowout drawing


No comments:

Post a Comment