Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Déjà vu Rear Side Number Two

    I removed the glass from the rear passenger side today as well as all the old channel and whisker strips.


    I will get the glass cleaned of dirt and paint over spray before putting it back. The glass you see under the side glass is the windshield.



    Don't forget the two little screws at each end of the whisker strip on the body. You can try and drill little holes in the new ones if you want. I tried and saw a disaster in the making so I stopped and put it out of mind!



        The drain hose seems to be OK on this side. 


        And another patch panel. I am glad they at least put in panels rather than a bunch of Bondo.


    I dare not strip this down to repaint. I would end up with an un-drivable project. But believe me, it's killing me! LOL




    I blew out he window "tub" and this is a small taste of what came out! 


    The brown truck came today!  I should have ordered this months ago!


    If I did this often I would have to come up with a jig to hold the felt strips tight to the car while the glue dries! Or, better yet, get a staple gun that would go through the strips as well as the panel as original!

    If you find yourself doing this job, plan out a way to hold it tight prior to the glue. I used what I had , then rotated around with my hands to make sure spots where firm to the car. The 3M trim glue dries fairly fast.



    The trim molding is a little better to manage. You can just be sure he ends are secure and place a board and weight on in between. Be sure you have it lined up correctly and it stays while placing the weight on!



    I have two parts soaking in vinegar tonight and still need to lean up the glass mechanism parts and spray them with Rust Reformer. I should have it back together by tomorrow night with new channel installed.





Inserting these pics to use elsewhere....



No comments:

Post a Comment