Monday, June 23, 2014

Introduction

Well it's time to start a new blog!

I debated back and forth whether or not to start one for the 50 Chevy. While maintaining one for  35 Ford project, I found once I listed the truck for sale or trade, the blog gave people too much information. I think seeing the truck through its worst stages put a scare into potential buyers/traders! No matter I suppose. I like to have all the information out there so no one can say "well you didn't tell me...."

Disclaimer: The first series of photos have been posted on other sites for some time now so they will be repeats to some. New ones are on the way!

So here we go ...  I picked up this 50 Fleetline Deluxe The first week of June (2014) Had it shipped down from Wisconsin. It arrived dusty but intact. First things first, she got a bath and wax job.





She looks good right? Well don't let the looks fool you she still needs some work. And I have already started. The thing about this car is I can work on it and drive it. In fact I had tags and insurance before the car even showed up at the house! I had to have a officer come out and inspect it once it arrived but after that she was road legal. I have rode it around the neighbor hood a few times and driven it 8 miles on the road.

But ....  unfortunately what I will most likely tackle next will put her out of commission for a little while.Before I get into that I will start my first few posts off with the projects I have done already.

For now I will finish this intro up with some info on the car.

Well we have established it's a 1950 Fleetline (slant back) made by Cherolet. I believe it to be a Deluxe but I could be wrong. The car has what looks to be a 350 Chevy engine with a th350 automatic transmission running back to a 10 bolt rear. There is a Lokar shifter, with reverse lockout, coming up from the floor to manage the gears.The front end is stock.




Running radial tires front (195/75) and rear (245/60) with chrome steelies and caps.


The interior has been reworked and is in very good condition.


I would consider the paint driver quality. You can see body work scrathes in it up close and also chips in various places. A very nice ten footer with some cool color changing ghost flames originating off the front fenders. The hood seam has been smoothed and the ornament removed. On the trunk the trunk wings are missing. (2nd pic) from each side of the handle.






 Well I could go on and on, but I would rather introduce the rest as I start working on it. I hope you enjoy this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment