Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Front Suspension Clean Up and Evaluation

     I knew the front end was loose by driving it around my neighbor hood, I really found out how loose when I drove it to the transmission shop! There is at least 8 inches of slop in the steering wheel and I had to really pay attention to keep it in its lane.

    So once I got it back home I jacked it up and took a look around.This is by far the worst part of the car that I have found so far. This is what I found ....



















And after some cleaning ....


 















I ended up with 12 pounds of greasy dirt! Yes I weighed it! HA!

   
After the clean up it actually felt much better to drive around the neighborhood but will obviously need attention. I am going out of town soon and did not want parts sitting out while I'm not home so I will wait until I get back home to order. I am going to get a rebuild kit and have the idler arm rebuilt. I think I can do the rebuild from what I have read. I will have to just take my time and get help if I need to. I just hope I don't wring of bolts or break parts .. that's never fun LOL So in the meantime I will start soaking stuff in PB blaster or WD-40 and doing odds and ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment