Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Finishing Up the Battery Tray

    In order to start the car and take it for a spin I had to finish up the battery tray. I could have stuck it in there as is but I would not have been happy with it. Basically, I just shot it with some quick dry glossy black and finished greasing the front end while it dried.







    BTW I replaced the grease fitting that gave me so much trouble and it worked fine. I took the car around the neighborhood and it definitely drove better. There is a little play in the steering but it's manageable. I think there is suppose to be a little. I will see how she does running highway speeds. I will work up to that! It didn't drift and I didn't have to fight it.
  
    I am not happy with the cooling system right now. If I got caught up in traffic I am afraid it would overheat. Just sitting in the driveway it got up to about 215° in about ten minutes. I pulled it in the garage and turned it off before it got any hotter. I think I am going to have to either try and fit a regular fan on the pulley or at least move the fan from the front of the radiator (pulls air out) and put it inside to pull fresh air through the radiator and into the engine compartment. When I changed the thermostat housing gasket a while back, I noticed the thermostat had been removed. This tells me someone was having trouble in the past. I also need to add an overflow tank. Right now there is just a hose.

    Maybe tomorrow I will venture out a little further from the house. I finished off the day cleaning the garage and washing and vacuuming the car.



No comments:

Post a Comment