Thursday, May 14, 2015

Trans Mount & Engine Seal

    Nothing too major going on but I finally replaced the transmission mounting pad.






    I also have had an oil leak so I started wit the valve cover gaskets. I went with Fel-Pro Molded gaskets. They had great reviews so I hope they don't leak.  If that was not the problem I will have to look at the oil gage connection or the distributor O ring. I will know more once I drive it some.



    The new gaskets did not allow the short bolts to go in easily so I ran out and got studs. The only thing my part store had were Mr. Gasket brand. They look ok but the "caps/wings" would not seat. They just kind of flop around on top of the stud. I put a dab of silicon glue on each one before placing the cap on to hold it until I find something better. I may just go back to a plain bolt.




    I have a new small project in the works so check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment